Thursday, March 5, 2009

Professor

I have now completed about 2 weeks of teaching at the University of Suli. The teaching itself has gone well but working out the schedule has been far from smooth. I still have one class that hasn't met yet and another that I've had to cancel because the classroom I was teaching in was taken over by another class. I also have another class that has just been redivided for me and another teacher because we were teaching all different language levels. I also just found out we may be starting some classes with graduate students and we are having new students we want to join the program everyday. Hopefully we will have a set schedule soon! So far the students have been extremely friendly and I have observed an enormous desire to learn English. I have especially enjoyed working with my intermediate students as they are at a higher enough level to have conversations in class and to participate in classroom activities.
On my days off I have had a chance to go to one of the mountains around Suli and even explore a cave. I woke up yesterday and saw snow up in the mountains and had a chance today to go up until the snow with my roommates.
Unfortunately I have been unable to post any pictures since I have been here mostly because of weak internet connections. I will post some as soon as I find a way to do it.

3 comments:

  1. You rock man. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to more updates, Puma! We miss you, and yes , even worry about you. Take care, and keep us up to date!

    Much love,

    karen, Hannah, and Jef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guy! How about an update?!? It's been one whole month since u r last update!
    Glenford

    ReplyDelete